Experienced, professional coaches delivering world-class training...
Developing performance in senior executives, individuals and teams
Greenbank’s coaching practice focuses on providing the perfect coach for each situation.
As in everything we do, our coaching is about performance improvement – so whilst our coaches are brilliant listeners and advisors – a coaching experience with us is a lot more than just a “friendly chat”
So what do we do?
We have a world-class team of experienced coaches, who help their clients clarify both their business and personal goals, identify what they need to do to achieve them and then support them on the journey.
But coaching can, and should, take many forms. So we offer a range of coaching approaches to suit the specific needs of our clients…
Every executive coaching assignment is different – it is a very personal journey.
The role of the coach is to help them through that journey and to…
- Identify your start point… this often includes using using 360 degree feedback and psychometrics
- Be clear about your destination and why you want to go there
- Access and develop the resources you might need for the journey
- Support you along the way – keeping you focused and energised even if the going gets tough
Executive coaching can help you:
- Start a new role or when joining a new organisation
- Maintain courage and resilience in tough times
- When they have hit a wall – eg in terms of performance or relationships
- ‘Take stock’, identify your strengths and move performance to the next level
- Lead a major organisational change
Sometimes a client will want to develop a specific business skill that is not easily covered in a typical training course – e.g. senior negotiation skills, personal impact, conflict management etc. Here the emphasis is on a mixture of executive coaching, together with some tailored discussion and rehearsals around real-life scenarios.
Often the need is about performance in a specific event or situation.
So recent assignments have included helping associate partners through partner selection and rehearsing tricky negotiation conversations ahead of a meeting with an aggressive buyer…
This is as far from a ‘fireside chat’ as you can possibly imagine…
A team is a complex and dynamic mix. Over time many work groups can become reasonably effective – but is there really time to wait-and hope- that this will happen organically. Fortunately there are proven ways to build and sustain high performance teams and this is where we can help.
We work with teams wherever they are on their development journey – whether they are forming, norming, storming or need to sustain their high performance ready for the next challenge.
When can Team Coaching be of value?
There are many situations where team coaching is needed and will be of great value:
- A new team which needs to quickly establish shared goals and effective ways of working with one another
- A team in crisis – lack of trust, conflict and misunderstanding, sub groups clashing
- A performing team that recognises the need to grow and become even better
- A remote group that is geographically and culturally diverse who need to transform themselves into a team
We recognise the benefit of coaching and want to make it accessible to more and more people. However conflicting time demands, location and budgets can make this very difficult. Telephone and on line coaching is one way to overcome these obstacles whilst maintaining the high impact and benefits of coaching. It delivers results as a single approach or can be used effectively alongside other forms of coaching and training.
When telephone and on-line coaching can work
- A lower cost way to offer coaching more widely e.g. early career group
- Individuals who are located remotely
- As a follow up to training programmes to support transfer of learning
- As part of a programme to make training stick linked to PROMPT!
“In research conducted over the past three years we’ve found that leaders who have the best coaching skills have better business results.”
VP of Global Executive & Organizational Development at IBM
Being a great coach is one of the most important skill sets – a life skill for any leader which they will benefit from again and again.
Yet there are reasons why coaching does not happen in the work place. One of those is a lack of coaching skills and processes. Greenbank have developed an inspiring Coaching for Peak Performance workshop which gives in-house coaches the skills and structured approaches that will help them to be great coaches.