Developing Leadership Agility - Solutions
Leading yourself, your team and the business… with agility
Our leadership development approach:
As a performance improvement consultancy, we firmly believe that Leadership Agility can be developed – but not by training alone and certainly not by ‘sheep dip’ open programmes.
Our leadership programmes are therefore tailored for each client and include a variety of approaches to deliver real business results
Investing time to understand you
What works in one environment does not always translate to another so we take time learn about the situations where your people need to demonstrate leadership.
Making it personal
To lead others, we first need to lead ourselves – and to develop self-leadership, we need to know our starting point. We are expert in using a wide range of diagnostic tools – e.g. 360o surveys and psychometrics – to identify individual development needs and priorities rather than taking the ‘sheep dip’ approach.
Linking to your world
To turn learning into action, that learning needs to be immediately relevant. We build clear links to your real work environment both during workshops as well as afterwards via role rehearsals, real play, action learning groups, co-coaching link to coaching , peer feedback and small group discussions.
We also actively integrate our programmes into your performance management process and KPI’s
Ensuring leadership training is a real experience…
We believe that great leaders are pro-active and agile, so our workshops allow them to practice this from the very start. Use of role plays, projects, business simulations, presentations and case studies encourage participants to take ownership of their own development and encourages their commitment to life long learning.
Providing the right level of support and challenge
People work hard on our programmes – and they enjoy them too. We give everyone a high level of challenge and encourage them to move beyond their comfort zone – and we give them plenty of support to let them do this.
A typical Greenbank leadership agility programme
We are not wedded to any one particular leadership model, psychometric or approach – this allows us to ensure a perfect fit with your business. We normally focus however on 3 key elements of agile leadership:
Developing Personal Agility: Self-Awareness, Authenticity and Personal Resilience
- A stock-take of current strengths and areas for development
- Developing self awareness and understanding your personal impact on others
- Becoming a ‘life-long learner’
- Developing emotional intelligence – building empathy and trust Exploring a range of leadership styles which engage different people and situations
Leading an Agile Business: Developing Strategic Capabilities
- Strategic influencing – managing upwards and with key stakeholders
- Developing creativity and building innovation
- Designing and implementing effective & fast paced change
- Working with conflict to gain agreement
- Developing a clear message of the added value you and your team prvide to the business
Leading Agile Teams: Encouraging High Performance
- Inspiring a shared vision – bringing focus and clarity in a changing world
- Building and maintaining high performance
- Collaboration and partnering skills
- Engaging and developing others
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Managing performance and having ‘difficult’ conversations