Helping you understand yourself and communicate more effectively with others...
Insights Discovery is a wonderful relationship tool that draws upon the work of Carl Jung and adapts this to a modern business context. It uses a simple, highly innovative, colour-based model that is both personally memorable and has great ‘sticking power’ in an organisation. At its simplest, it is based on the following principles;
- Understanding myself better
- Understanding how others may be different to me
- Adapting behaviour to improve business relationships and effectiveness
We work with the model to make impact at a number of levels, in a variety of situations – from helping sales representatives to achieve more effective calls each day to advising directors about strategy decisions and leadership.
Insights is based on the 4 colour energies that we all have available to us – but in different amounts.
Generally we will prefer to use one or two of these more often than others.
The increased awareness from the use of Insights can support a wide variety of business requirements – for example…
- I’d like to see stronger cross-functional working. I want my teams to work more closely together.
- I’d like my managers to be able to lead and coach their people more effectively.
- I’d like my people to take responsibility for their own learning and achieve more.
- I’d like to change the way we do things here. I need to change the culture of my business, and having a common language and starting point would be useful to me.
- I am moving my business into new areas. How can I help to build confidence in my people, to equip them to manage change more positively?
- My marketplace is competitive and it is difficult to retain the right people. How can I attract the right people for the right roles and help them to want to stay?
- I need to diversify my customer base – and be sure that the sales team can meet the challenge.
Although the simplicity of the model allows for easy learning, it has huge depth. One example of this is that workshop participants receive a unique personal 19-29 page report, enabling them to recognise and apply their unique gifts and develop those areas that can cause challenge, difficulty and potentially hold them back from their goals.
Many customers find the report uncannily accurate and enjoy the practical nature of the instrument as it enables them to create development plans easily and quickly.
The use of four primary colours creates a common language that lasts and many of our customers, large and small, say that even after periods of years employees still talk about the Insights colours when describing someone and seeking to understand their style and how to approach them.
We will often integrate the Insights language as a ‘golden thread’ in our leadership, sales and team programmes. It makes a motivational and inspiring start to any programme and provides some real tangible take-aways that people can immediately use.
We will normally spend an initial half-day where participants will receive their own personal Discovery Report (having filled in a short web-based questionnaire beforehand) and gain some highly practical techniques for applying this knowledge in both their personal and business life. The workshop will be highly involving, participative and fun!